Churches in Kaarina
Within the area of the City of Kaarina, there are three churches that are of interest for visitors. The modern, red-brick church central Kaarina is the main church of the Parish of Kaarina. The building was designed by Architects Pitkänen-Laiho-Raunio and built in 1980. The Parish of Kaarina also has a church in the island of Kuusisto. The red-painted wooden church from the late 1700s is a traditional islander-style church. The church of the Parish of Piikkiö is a grey stone church drawn by Architect Samuel Berner and it dates back to the year 1755.